Seminar introducing The Norsif Guide to ESG Integration in Fundamental Equity Valuation
Norsif (Norsk Forum for Ansvarlige og Bærekraftige Investeringer) took an initiative in early 2020 to create a guide on how to integrate sustainability (ESG) in fundamental equity valuation. The guide in now ready in a first version, and consists of two parts.
The first part covers ESG analysis, including industry specific ESG issues, and has been written by Annie Bersagel, Isabelle Juillard Thompsen and Marte Storaker.
The second part covers how to adapt the valuation models to integrate the ESG dimensions and has been written by Carsten Bienz, José Albuquerque de Sousa and Aksel Mjøs from the Norwegian School of Economics (NHH).
The authors have been mutually exchanging views on both parts. The initiative to create the guide coincides with the launch of the joint NHH/Norwegian Society of Financial Analysts (NFF) study in Sustainable Financial Analytics in October 2020, and thus NFF is also a co-host of the seminar.
The purpose of the seminar is to present the guide and to get comments and suggestions towards the final version. The program is as follows:
- Introduction of the seminar and the motivation for creating the guide – Annie Bersagel
- Presentation of the First part – ESG Analysis
- Prepared comments, by Annie Bersagel
- Comments from the audience, by Lars Erik Moen, Head og Equity Danske Invest
- Presentation of the Second part – Valuation integrating ESG
- Prepared comments, by José Albuquerque de Sousa
- Comments from the audience, by Thore Johnsen, Professor Emeritus, NHH
The seminar is open to both practitioners and academics, please register by following this link.